Thursday, September 23, 2010

Concept

My concept for my midterm is to have my construct character, which will be giant sized, going through a town in the same manner of Godzilla or the 50 ft woman. However, he would be tearing down buildings, and rebuild them larger. I would use cutouts to construct a town to be “rampaged” in, and have cutout civilians where necessary. I would also like for it to have a similar visual quality, as far as the actual film quality, as movies like “Attack of the 50 Foot Woman”.
The structure will be simple 3-act structure, with the creation of the construct, the “rampage”, and the fall of the construct. The fall will also be tied in with the falling action.
To begin with, I want to have different workshop tools performing various tasks, culminating in actually showing the constructed character. The character will come to life and break out of the building and commence in its “rampage”. It will culminate with the construct running out of steam and toppling. Once it has toppled, either new buildings or plant life will begin to grow out of it.
The primary relation to my research lies in the idea of constructiveness, or rather the idea of being contructive in the manner of making better use of something. It was the most common idea that came up in the books and articles that I went through, as most of the time I was reading how to make things more organized, and even menial, in order to increase productivity and management.

On an unrelated note…I need to watch a move called “Village of the Giants”…it seems stupid ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment