Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mid-Term Final

Things going wrong seems to be the theme of this project. Not even unfixable things, in my case though others were having ridiculous issues of extraordinary ridiculousness, but just things jumping all over the screen for reasons I still can't figure out. But, that's all behind me. There's still some things that I would like to change as far as the general timing and velocity of the various actions taking place, but I find myself hitting the very edge of my available time. All in all, it was a fairly voracious adventure through After-Effects, though I feel that I took the long way to do certain things, and might have to try and figure out a faster way to do certain things when they come up in later projects.

The video can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKt20vUcB08

2 comments:

  1. Live and learn eh. I liked your robot. You should use him again ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... stuff jumping all over the screen... That sounds like a problem I used to have in Toonboom. Are you sure you're setting the anchor point at the beginning of each object in your compositions, and then parenting what needs to be parented?

    If not, then I'd look into that. I know I virtually parented most of the objects in my compositions to each other, just so that they wouldn't move unless I needed them to...

    But yeah, your final version is SOOOO much better. Keep at it, it looks cool.

    ReplyDelete