Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Playing






A.

Joyful Image:

Thinking back to the first joyful image I can remember would have to be meeting the person who is still the one I consider my best friend today. I had just moved into a new house, I was 6, and the people who lived behind us were having a birthday party with a moonwalk. They invited me over and I hopped the fence and played on the moonwalk. I met a girl who had a brother my age and she introduced us, and we went to his house, played games, then went back to my house…and played games. We’ve been playing games ever since. All my happy memories before this are slightly tainted…like learning to ride a bike but I also remember falling and a kid always stealing my bike… Anyways, the way that memory affects me now is I still love playing games and I still love moonwalks, even if I’m over the weight limit. Also the whole still being friends thing.

B.

Favorite Games:

Hmm…this one was tough. My favorite games when I was little would have to be videogames like Joe and Mac, on the SNES, Batman and Robin on the Genesis, Final Fantasy 7 on the playstation, and probably Jet Force Gemini or Super Smash Bros on the N64. Those are the games that stand out most to me, with Star Wars Monopoly standing out the most in the non-virtual realm. I can’t make a true list, as I played a lot of games and I can’t remember most the names…I’ll list as many as I can remember:
Joe and Mac, Slime World, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Soul Caliber, Sonic (2, 3, Adventure, etc), Mario (1, 2, 3, rpg, etc), Duck Hunt, Double Dragon, Ninja Turtles (a few), Battle Toads, Yoshi’s Island, Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain, and that’s all I can remember off the top of my head. I can’t remember games I dislike as I just wouldn’t play them…GTA is the only one I can think of off the top of my head as I got bored of it within an hour of starting. Oh yah, Resident Evil series was good too. And the best of all was Katamari Damacy for just having a fun time. Mario Party was fun every so often.


C.

Solo Play: See images up above

For solo play I remembered that I had bought some farm animal toy things for a project a year or so back, and decided I would play with those. However, I got involved in trying to build up a little area for them and ended up doing that for the entire time since it kept falling over. It was enjoyable though and reminded me of building up lego’s when I was younger, though I used to do lego’s with friends but oh well. I was able to get images of the after effects of the area I was building the junk with using all my videos and book/graphic novels things. As you can see they weren’t steady and must have fallen over 8-9 times as I was building them, causing me to have to restart. The images are all from the very end when I finally stopped after rebuilding a little after a massive tumble when my sisters cat knocked the whole thing over. It was relaxing to be constructing things again, even with the intermittent frustration of having to rebuild the different areas.

D.

Group Play:

Since I currently do not have a camera (it broke after horn Island, the camera on my phone is black screen) except on my laptop, I wasn’t able to get pictures of my group play since it was raining while we did this, but I’ll describe it as best I can. I invited over my childhood, and best, friend and we went out swimming. It was the only thing I could think of for group play since role playing is a bit awkward these days. We ended up seeing who could do more flips underwater and who could hold their breath longer and all that fun jazz. We also got out the poolside basketball goal and started shooting, but soon grew bored and decided to spice it up by making it so you could only score using these paddles, designed for hitting a small ball back and forth at the beach but used here to hit the odd volleyball looking thing we were playing with. After a few minutes of that, we decided to make it more difficult by setting up a volleyball net across the pool and making it so you could only score from the opposite side of the net. Once we were bored of all that, we finished up by just doing some off the wall alley oops as one of us passed to the other. It was raining all day as we did this, so I couldn’t bring my laptop out to take pictures, though I don’t like taking it near the pool anyways since water and pool toys tend to fly everywhere.

E.

I’m kind of confused about this one. I guess I’ll be focusing on construction with my research topic, as I did that in the solo play and forgot how fun it is to build something that can be undone in a second. I just wish I still had my legos, but I might be able to find some in bulk in large quantities…or figure out which of my cousins I sent all mine to…I guess I should say the topic is building something then having it wiped out. Maybe constructing video's but then having them be deconstructed, as part of the video of course. I need to flesh this part out some more once I see how the program works.

No comments:

Post a Comment